Updated: May 27, 2021
You may not be aware of this, but if you are running a plumbing business then you need to set up a Google My Business listing for it.
Now, you might be wondering why this is so and how could it be helpful for businesses. This is what this blog post is for! Take out five minutes of your time and read below the tips for making the most out of your free google my business listing.
Google My Business (GMB) is a digital marketing term that gives potential customers all of your frequently searched business information in one single place. It gives details about your business address, hours, phone number, customer reviews, website, and everything that we all search before finalizing any service.
The listing assures that Google gives your plumbing business the best rankings on local search results. Also, it is free and extremely beneficial at creating visibility in the local market.
The GMB is also helpful for direct searches too. In other words, when someone is looking out for your business information, they will get all the related details in one single place without searching about it here and there.
Here are few tips that will help you make the most out of the 'Google My Business listing:
1. Add all the important details: When you are creating your Google My Business profile, Google asks you numerous questions regarding your business. You must fill out all the categories and answer all the questions.
This is because it will help your potential customers to get all the important information in one place. Also, if you haven't filled out any information, then people can misuse it by filling it on their own.
Other than that, you can also add a business description too where you can give in-depth data about your company.
2. Don't ignore the reviews and interact with them accordingly; Online reviews help in taking the plumbing and other businesses to another level. It is because Google takes them seriously in its local SEO ranking process.
Customers can also message directly to businesses for any query or ask another customer to answer it.
So, it is crucial to respond and interact with all the reviews. Even if you are getting any negative reviews, try to answer them in a most respectable manner because ethics matter a lot in any organization.
3. Measure the performance weekly: Measuring and evaluating your business performance is important. As it helps it to grow in the upcoming time. Google has a lot of helpful and data analyzed insights about your Google My Business listings. It shows how many new people got to know about your business and how they arrived at the data mentioned.
This helps in understanding how your customers are discovering about your company and what information they mostly look out for. Hence, with this, you can better adjust your listings and other important things.
4. Pay attention to the details: You should always pay attention to all the details and do routine checks on your listings.
Respond to all the reviews, answer their queries and respond to their messages in a precise manner.
Also, make sure that all the data you have mentioned on the listings is still correct and no changes have been made by the people on the important details.
You can turn on the notification for the same which will alert you when there is been a change made.
5. Create posts and take advantage of new features: On the Google My Business listing, you can share photos, updates, or promotions directly. This boosts in building a customer base and helps in engaging with repeat customers.
With this, you can use these to direct visitors to take particular actions such as requesting an estimate or signing up for your newsletter.
So, focus on the 'Google My Business listing to represent your business accurately and to provide as much quality information about your company as possible. You will surely reap its benefits in the upcoming future.